Electronics Engineer Junior
You report to the Head of Electronics department
- participate to the design and development process of our electronical systems, for the railway signaling
- take in charge the manufacturing and follow up of prototypes and series units
- manage and follow up the equipment and delivered components, installed at customers’ side
- test and validate the equipment and systems in lab and on the field
- You actively participate to our R&D recurrent brainstorming and be part of some R&D projects.
- You interact sometimes with the front line teams as well, as to keep a close understanding of our market’s needs.
- You are based in Brussels and might be working on projects where travel is needed (up to 15%).
- You obtained a diploma from a recognized university/school in electronics as engineer
- You have zero (with relevant internships) to five years experience.
- analog and digital electronics
- Design and prototyping of printed circuit boards (PCB) – (Altium Designer or Eagle)
- CPU/Microcontroller programming in C (ATMEL AVR, ARM)
- RF analog electronics
- VHDL design for CPLD/FPGA
Whether you have very little experience, but solid references during your internships. Or you have closer to 5 years experience. What will always make the difference is the motivation you can demonstrate.
- Through your experience, your proactivity, your autonomy, your communication skills and willingness, you succeed in gaining the necessary trust from your team’s colleagues, and from customers;
- Fluency in French and English is required. Knowledge of Dutch or any other European language is a big plus;
- An experience in the rail industry is a very big plus for this function.
Above all, we are looking for motivated persons, dynamic and easy in their communication: potentials are given very high esteem if they are persuasive. And we highly appreciate diversity (Notably, we multiply nationalities and languages among our employees, and want to keep going in that direction).
What we offer
We offer you the perfect place to indulge your passion for complex, technological challenges and learn new skills in a dynamic, cutting-edge, and friendly atmosphere.
You will be given the opportunity to work on challenging assignments and develop yourself over the course of exciting, innovative projects. Moreover, your professional development will be monitored closely, and you will be encouraged to attend training courses and conferences to broaden your knowledge and realize your full potential.
You will also feel valued in an open culture based on mutual trust and a healthy work-life balance, including flexible working hours and a teleworking policy, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
Slashkernel is a unique international technology group based in Brussels, Belgium.
We are a team of highly trained experts from diverse backgrounds including 15 different nationalities, numerous PhDs, experienced professionals in a variety of complementary fields, a talented marketing and commercial team, as well as a devoted and caring HR and support team.
If you think you might be a good fit, we want to know more about you! Send us your cover letter, video, code, or any other relevant information to [email protected].
We’re looking forward to meeting you!