You report to the Head of Electronics Department. Responsibilities include:
- Participating in the design and development process of our electronic systems for railway signaling
- Participating in the manufacturing process and follow up of prototypes and series units. This includes PCB board manufacturing, testing, and validation
- Managing and follow up the equipment and delivered components, installed on the customer’s site
- Testing and validating the equipment and systems in the lab, and in the field
- Managing teams of electronic engineers and technicians in both R&D and production phases
- Participating in R&D brainstorming activities and some R&D projects
- Interacting with front-line teams, as well as keeping a close understanding of our market’s needs
*You are based in Brussels but may work on projects where travel is required for up to 20% of your working time.
- A master’s degree in Electronic Engineering from a recognized university
- Five years of experience in the field of electronic system design, manufacturing, and validation
- The desire to work in a dynamic SME
- Analog and digital electronics proficiency
- This includes a good understanding of analog RF circuits and boards and mixed signals design including programmable digital electronics (FPGA)
- Design and prototyping of printed circuit boards (PCB)
- CPU/Microcontroller programming in C or any other embedded programming language.
- Programmable logic (FPGA) design proficiency in VHDL.
- Experience managing small R&D teams.
- Bilingual French/English
- Radio Frequency analog electronics experience;
- Experience with EMC related issues during electronic design
- Proficiency in a third language
- Experience in the railway industry
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of motivation and ability to work independently
What we offer
We offer you the perfect place to indulge your passion for complex, technological challenges and learn new skills in a dynamic, cutting-edge, and friendly atmosphere.
You will be given the opportunity to work on challenging assignments and develop yourself over the course of exciting, innovative projects. Moreover, your professional development will be monitored closely and you will be encouraged to attend training courses and conferences to broaden your knowledge and realize your full potential.
You will also feel valued in an open culture based on mutual trust and a healthy work-life balance, including flexible working hours and a teleworking policy, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
Founded in 2008, ERTMS Solutions is a world leader in railway testing, maintenance and systems integration tools for the ERTMS (European Railway Traffic Management System). We work with many key actors in railway signaling: Manufacturers, Rail Infrastructure Managers, and Operators.
Combining software, hardware, broader railway signaling activities, and ontology based developments, such as complex systems integration, ERTMS Solutions develops both off-the-shelf solutions, as well as custom products that are specially adapted to customer needs.
These products help our customers in the design, testing, and commissioning of railway signaling projects, and in subsequent railway signaling infrastructure maintenance and monitoring.
If you think you might be a good fit, we want to know more about you! Send us your cover letter, video, code, or any other relevant information to [email protected].
We’re looking forward to meeting you!