You are part of the Ontology team, and report directly to the Head of Ontologies at ERTMS Solutions. As an expert, you act as a team member and are in direct contact with the clients. Responsibilities include:
- Defining Ontologies that correspond to client needs.
- Writing rules to:
- Create mapping between ontologies
- Deduce knowledge out of the client data
- Learning to develop and prototype Ontologies
- Training clients on our tools and sharing knowledge about our tools and methodologies both internally and externally
- Actively participating in recurrent R&D brainstorming and development in close relationship with academic partners
- Working on projects where travel is needed for up to 10% of your working time
- A degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or Physics
- Knowledge of Ontologies and/or Semantic Web
- You have ‘hands on’ knowledge of the following technologies:
- 2 – 5 years of experience in a client-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent abstract reasoning and complex problem-solving skills
- A strong interest in programming and operating systems (Java, Linux)
- Fluency in English and French
- Knowledge of another European language
- Knowledge of the railway industry or willingness to learn
Founded in 2008, ERTMS Solutions is a world leader in railway testing, maintenance and systems integration tools for the ERTMS (European Railway Traffic Management System). We work with many key actors in railway signaling: Manufacturers, Rail Infrastructure Managers, and Operators.
Combining software, hardware, broader railway signaling activities, and ontology-based developments, such as complex systems integration, ERTMS Solutions develops both off-the-shelf solutions, as well as custom products that are specially adapted to customer needs.
These products help our customers in the design, testing, and commissioning of railway signaling projects, and in subsequent railway signaling infrastructure maintenance and monitoring.
What we offer
We offer you the perfect place to indulge your passion for complex, technological challenges and learn new skills in a dynamic, cutting-edge, and friendly atmosphere.
You will be given the opportunity to work on challenging assignments and develop yourself over the course of exciting, innovative projects. Moreover, your professional development will be monitored closely, and you will be encouraged to attend training courses and conferences to broaden your knowledge and realize your full potential.
You will also feel valued in an open culture based on mutual trust and a healthy work-life balance, including flexible working hours and a teleworking policy, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you think you might be a good fit, we want to know more about you! Send us your cover letter, video, code, or any other relevant information to [email protected].
We’re looking forward to meeting you!