You are part of the Ontology Team and report directly to the Head of Ontologies at ERTMS Solutions. As an expert, you act as a team member and are in direct contact with the clients. Duties include:
- Designing and implementing the technical architecture to deploy our product
- Actively participating in setting up and improving our cloud solution
- Contributing to the prototyping and development of integration and user interface software (Webservices in Java .NET, GUI HTML 5, Angular js…)
- Developing and prototyping Ontologies
- Training clients on our tools transferring knowledge to our customers
- Actively participating in recurrent R&D brainstorming and development in close relationship with academic partners
- Working on projects where travel is needed for up to 30% of your working time
- A master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- A good knowledge and hands-on experience with of the following technologies:
- Development (Java, C#)
- Application Web server
- Database (For instance: Oracle, DB2, Progress SQL, Cassandra,…)
- Ant, Makefiles
- Linux administration
- Experience with a configuration management system
- 5 years of experience in a client-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent abstract reasoning and complex problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English and French
- Knowledge of another European language
- Strong interest in functional and logic programming
- Knowledge of the railway industry or willingness to learn
- Knowledge of the standards OWL, RDF and SWRL or Mercury Programming language
Founded in 2008, ERTMS Solutions is a world leader in railway testing, maintenance and systems integration tools for the ERTMS (European Railway Traffic Management System). We work with many key actors in railway signaling: Manufacturers, Rail Infrastructure Managers, and Operators.
Combining software, hardware, broader railway signaling activities, and ontology-based developments, such as complex systems integration, ERTMS Solutions develops both off-the-shelf solutions, as well as custom products that are specially adapted to customer needs.
These products help our customers in the design, testing, and commissioning of railway signaling projects, and in subsequent railway signaling infrastructure maintenance and monitoring.
What we offer
We offer you the perfect place to indulge your passion for complex, technological challenges and learn new skills in a dynamic, cutting-edge, and friendly atmosphere.
You will be given the opportunity to work on challenging assignments and develop yourself over the course of exciting, innovative projects. Moreover, your professional development will be monitored closely, and you will be encouraged to attend training courses and conferences to broaden your knowledge and realize your full potential.
You will also feel valued in an open culture based on mutual trust and a healthy work-life balance, including flexible working hours and a teleworking policy, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you think you might be a good fit, we want to know more about you! Send us your cover letter, video, code, or any other relevant information to [email protected].
We’re looking forward to meeting you!